Monday, June 09, 2008

Once More...


sakura twilight
Originally uploaded by tia*

I have posted this Rumi poem before.
Today, I have come across it yet again.
I find it just right.

For years, copying other people, I tried to know myself.
From within, I couldn't decide what to do.
Unable to see, I heard my name being called.
Then I walked outside.

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the doorsill
where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.

Rumi

I came across this poem while visiting Douglas Hardings' teachings on the web.

If you would like to try a fairly direct and immediate way to experience the Silent Nothingness within, I point you to Right Here.

No comments: