Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Enjoy them, each one at a time, like a cherry popped into the mouth.
1. I once had a garden filled with flowers that grew only on dark thoughts but they need constant attention & one day I decided I had better things to do.
2. That's not my real reflection, she said. I've changed so much since then most people barely recognize me.
3. This is a tree on fire with love, but it's still scary since most people think love only looks like one thing instead of the whole world.
4. My grandma used to plant tomato seedlings in tin cans from tomato sauce & puree & crushed tomatoes she got from the Italian restaurant by her house, but she always soaked the labels off first. I don't want them to be anxious about the future, she said. It's not healthy.
5. O no, she said, you can't say just anything to the wind. Only the deepest secrets will do
& also you must not use the letter i.