Friday, February 29, 2008

Bowing to the Buddha


Bowing Buddha
Originally uploaded by
Seeking Tao

She said she had come expecting me to show her the way out of her unhappiness, not into it.

At this moment, this is what you feel, I said… Now instead of wanting this moment to be different from what it is…is it possible for you to completely accept that this is what you feel right now?…
I am not asking you to do anything.
All I’m asking is that you find out whether it is possible for you to allow those feelings to be there.
In other words … if you don’t mind being unhappy, what happens to the unhappiness?…

She said, “This is weird. I’m still unhappy, but now there is space around it. It seems to matter less. …”

It was also the beginning of the end of her pain-body.
Emotion in itself is not unhappiness.
Only emotion plus an unhappy story is unhappiness.

Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth


No comments: