Friday, February 29, 2008

Mammatus Clouds


The.Magician
Originally uploaded by Chris (archi3d)
Well we have a free bonus day today.
So, I’m offering up Mammatus Clouds as the Cracker Jack prize
apropos absolutely nothing that I have been writing about,
except perhaps to say:
“mammatus are usually seen after the worst of a thunderstorm has passed”
(aka me and my pain-body drama – which actually I hope to return to soon enough.)

Mammatus Clouds: “As updrafts carry precipitation enriched air to the cloud top, upward momentum is lost and the air begins to spread out horizontally, becoming a part of the anvil cloud. Because of its high concentration of precipitation particles (ice crystals and water droplets), the saturated air is heavier than the surrounding air and sinks back towards the earth…”

Oh, my, the mammatus has formed.

Some classics: One and Two.
Some inspiration: Three
Or, if clouds are not your thing for mammatus, I offer you these nuts.

After all…
The More You Eat, The More You Want

I salute you! – Here, have a free day.

No comments: