Thursday, December 06, 2007

Dizzy

I only do this until I get dizzy & then I lay down on my back & watch the clouds, she said. It sounds simple but you won't believe how many people forget the second part.

StoryPeople


Another StoryPeople that I like,
Intuitively.
I can’t explain it exactly. But you know
Liking is enough.

I’ve had to cut way back on my blogging of late.
November was a tough month.

Today I saw a neurologist,
And tomorrow I have an MRI.
He doesn’t seem to think they will find too much

Not too much brain. (That’s good)
And
They have managed to remove most of the pain.
Day Six pain free…
But,
I’d really like to be able to use my eyes normally again.

And think – thinking normally again would be sooo nice.

In lieu of that,
In lieu of that…

Just saying, Hello.

And I can also offer these snippets
collected before November became “impossible”:

Some would suggest that the migraine aura is actually the brain apprehending its own subroutines in consciousness. The fact that there are natural equivalents to drug-induced experiences suggests the possibility that in some sense, a sufferer is observing what's going on in the brain. The drugged or migrained brain is a cranked-up biochemical computer capable of picturing the self-organizing behavior and nonlinear dynamism at play within normally staid reality.

Borourke, everything.

I believe this may be true.

Though migraine certainly doesn't explain all her visions, many experts, including Oliver Sacks, have suggested that many of the religious paintings of Hildegard von Bingen, or Saint Hildegard (1098-1179), reflect the effects of “silent migraine,” a type of migraine attack that doesn't include a headache.

I believe this may also be true.
But then, I am a geneticist and used to using mutants (pathology) to reveal normal metabolic pathways.

He had awakened with the dastardly sudden flash of light before his eyes. Then the following nausea. Then the sharp cleavage of vision and the temporary dimming of sight, and then the accursed one-sided headache...
Diodorus, writing about Aeneas, the father of St Luke

No comments: